Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Why can't I post to the classifieds? And what can I do to be able to?

NinjaNewt

Reaction score
Why can't I post to the classifieds, I'm looking for somewhere to buy/sell salamander and it kinda sucks whenever the one popular place that isn't super expensive won't let me in...

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to view the classified ads and place wanted/ for sale posts in these sections. If you write in this section, your post will need to be approved first.
If you aren't able to view these sections, could you get a screen shot so we can see what is going on?

NinjaNewt

Reaction score
I keep posting, and it says it’s going to get reviewed by the mods or something, but the post never actually shows up after that. Maybe I just missed something in the rules?

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YOu have to wait for a moderator to come on. We are all volunteers.
Furthermore, if you'd read the ad rules, we do not condone the sale of wild caught animals. we DO care if animals are captive bred or wild caught, so your ad won't be approved.
Thank you for your understanding.

NinjaNewt

Reaction score
YOu have to wait for a moderator to come on. We are all volunteers.
Furthermore, if you'd read the ad rules, we do not condone the sale of wild caught animals. we DO care if animals are captive bred or wild caught, so your ad won't be approved.
Thank you for your understanding.
Oh okay! thanks a bunch!! And I get that, but do you have any idea what I did wrong in the past?

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't able to approve one in the wanted section a little while ago as it would be for wild caught animals.Its unlikely the animals your requested would be captive bred. If the previous posts where for these species, that'll be why. However, if we didn't approve a post we do tend to write and say why.

NinjaNewt

Reaction score
I wasn't able to approve one in the wanted section a little while ago as it would be for wild caught animals.Its unlikely the animals your requested would be captive bred. If the previous posts where for these species, that'll be why. However, if we didn't approve a post we do tend to write and say why.

Okay I posted again, and I didn’t ask for any wild caught animals (Same as before my post on ringed sals.) why aren’t those going through? (I’m super sorry if I sound rude with these messages, tbh I just want more salamanders species to work with.) I’m SUPER sorry if you guys just haven’t gotten to it yet!

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
The animals that you are asking for are rarely bred in captivity, that is why we are unable to approve these requests. One of Caudata policies is not to ask or sell animals that may be collected from the wild .

NinjaNewt

Reaction score
The animals that you are asking for are rarely bred in captivity, that is why we are unable to approve these requests. One of Caudata policies is not to ask or sell animals that may be collected from the wild .

That’s the point? I’m wanting to work with rarer animals even if they’re more expensive to get CB. This is literally the only place I have any chance of getting these animals, with the amount of people on this site, I’m sure some of them hav bred this species before.

NinjaNewt

Reaction score

Do you need me to specify CB for rarer species?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!