Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Mysterious Warty newt

C

chris

Where is this garden centre?
Chris

(Message edited by froggy on September 08, 2004)

B

benjamin

Its in Chessington surrey near Chessington world of adventures.

C

chris

Do they have any more in stock? I may try to pick some up if they do...
Chris

B

benjamin

Yes I'm pretty sure they have two mabey the got some new ones or mabey they sold the ones that were there. I'm worried about them they get quite violent when feeding pushing, and nipping nothing serious but it worries me. Do you know how to keep them form accidentally attacking each other while eating.

B

benjamin

Yes I'm pretty sure they have two mabey the got some new ones or mabey they sold the ones that were there. I'm worried about them they get quite violent when feeding pushing, and nipping nothing serious but it worries me. Do you know how to keep them form accidentally attacking each other while eating.

H

henk

Here are some more shots from Benjamin that I have worked on :
A possible fuzhongensis
22610.jpg

A caudopunctatus
22611.jpg

A too vlurry to be certain fuzhong or chinensis (my guess would be fuzhong since 3 species out of 3 specimens would be too mcuh luck :))
22612.jpg

J

jesper

Can't agree more the caudo is easy to identify, the first pic look pretty much like a fuz(I'm still confused about the fuzhongensis/guanxiensis mess though...)
The third pic is way to blurred out to identify, but I get the impression that it is not a fuz...
Talking about the latest pics.

About the earlier pics, the two first pics of a newt is the same newt as pic number 1 or 3 of the latest pics??
My first reaction was that it was a pic of a hongkongensis or a fuz., the latter pics however doesn't have a hongkongensis so it must be pic 1 the fuz(?) or?

B

benjamin

I think the first and the third newt are the same species whether they're both Hongkong, Fuzhong or something else. They have the same belly pattern. The first newt of the earlier pics is the third newt of the later pics and the second newt of the earlier pics is the first newt of the later pics and the 3rd newt of the earlier pics is the second newt of the later pics. If that makes any sense

J

jesper

They are not hongkongensis, the first one is a fuz and the third one is probably a fuz too then.
I was kind of hoping that the blurred one was a chinensis but that was only in my dreams hehe.

B

benjamin

If I have two Fuzhong newts and one caudopunctatus how do I take care of them. How should I hibernate and breed them. Should I put the caudopunctatus in a separate aquarium. How can I tell males from females.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1