Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Selling Axolotls

mark jones

Reaction score
Without really trying we have bred my Daughters Axolotls (named Boverred and Snatch after their eating habits !) several times and have many young - around 200. Whilst they are adorable there are far too many for us to keep. Can anyone please suggest how and where we can sell or distribute the young ones?:kiss:

mark jones

Reaction score
Without really trying we have bred my Daughters Axolotls (named Boverred and Snatch after their eating habits !) several times and have many young - around 200. Whilst they are adorable there are far too many for us to keep. Can anyone please suggest how and where we can sell or distribute the young ones?:kiss:
awaiting response

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
First off, you should be patient. You waited exactly 2 minutes. Not everyone at the board is constantly here refreshing (I, for one, was sleeping).

Second, there is a 'for sale' section of the forum. You can post ads there.

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score
To be honest , I suspect trying to sell 200 or so will take a some time. As soon as mine started laying eggs i contacted a couple of places I had been too that had sold axolotl on the past ( and been happy with their set ups and advice) and only one was prepared to take some off me . Mine where sold when they reached approx 4 inches and where eating a wide range of foods.. you tend to receive approx 1/2 to a 1/3 of their selling price. Phone around a few pet/aquarium centres and ask to speak to their manager. You could also place an add on this site and may have some success...if you can add pictures it'll help too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!