southern oregon and northern california

Josh, it's true that some locality information can be found online. However most of it isn't that easy to find unless you know what you're looking for, and even then, many species localities aren't available. Some species are nearly impossible to find unless you know exactly where, when and what to do there.

It is our policy to minimise the naming of localities (except in extreme case where the locality is in the name of the animal, such as the Ouachita endemics for example). We don't need to help the majority of vendors in the amphibian section of kingsnake to rape the countryside of its amphibians. People like Mark Lucas and his ilk, such as that guy with the Swedish name that I can't remember, have already reserved their places in hell so there's no need to help them further.

if you do enough research, you can find exact localities for anything. its all there online. besides, i never posted any locality. i offered to a legit member information. i see nothing wrong with that. anyhoo, no big deal. i do understand where you are coming from. i have never posted localities on here or any other forum and never will. but if i offer up a locality privately to someone, i have the right.

if you do enough research, you can find exact localities for anything. its all there online. besides, i never posted any locality. i offered to a legit member information. i see nothing wrong with that. anyhoo, no big deal. i do understand where you are coming from. i have never posted localities on here or any other forum and never will. but if i offer up a locality privately to someone, i have the right.
I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just explaining why Kaysie said what she said and that we disagree with what you said about localities.

I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just explaining why Kaysie said what she said and that we disagree with what you said about localities.

if localities were always kept secret and never shared, there wouldnt be so many knowledgeable herpers and amazing people in the field hobby. but to each's own. i learn most of what i know about a guy i met taking me under his wing and telling me all his tricks and spots. if it werent for him, i would not have had the chance to see so many wonderful things i've seen today and wouldn't have the same perspective as i do today. while i do agree that localities shouldn't be shared with just anyone, they should be shared.

-josh

while i do agree that localities shouldn't be shared with just anyone
This is a publicly viewable forum, no registration required, so posting localities here is telling "just anyone". I agree with you otherwise.

Wow, Where was that?? I live in Oregon, I would love to check it out!

This is a publicly viewable forum, no registration required, so posting localities here is telling "just anyone". I agree with you otherwise.

but john, my point is.... i didnt post any localieities!! i offered them privately to a legit member! i know what can happen when localieites are made piblic to whe wrong people. i lived in arizona for 6 years where we had constant trouble with that kind of stuff. i have learned from seeing it first hand.

xXNetRavenXx, these pics were taken in northern cali and southern oregon. xXStraightEdgeXx

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back