The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Axolotls (Ambystoma mexicanum) A dedicated topic for those seeking help with Axolotls, showing off your photos, or just to talk about them.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Riverlady1965

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: Riverlady1965 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Water Additive?

Of everything you have tried in your axolotl tank, which water additives have done the most good and which would you steer clear of?

Riverlady1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Hayley
(Hayleyy)
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 1
Rep: Hayleyy has given consistently good advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently good advice and informationHayleyy has given consistently good advice and information
Default Re: Best Water Additive?

What kind of additives are you looking into? Just for water conditioning? I've started using seachem prime lately and it's working well so far! I've heard people use API stress coat as well but haven't used it myself. Blue planet is another brand I have used for the water conditioner and beneficial bacteria, and I haven't had issues, though I prefer prime as it detoxifies the ammonia in my water supply.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Elliriyanna
Prolific Member

Nationality:
Comments: 4
Rep: Elliriyanna has started on the right path
Default Re: Best Water Additive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverlady1965 View Post
Of everything you have tried in your axolotl tank, which water additives have done the most good and which would you steer clear of?

I love Seachem Prime, its great for detoxifying heavy metals, binding ammonia and just generally conditioning your water