The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Newt and Salamander Help Got a problem? Ill newt? Basic questions? Ask about them here.

Old 1 Week Ago   #1
ReptileLover

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: ReptileLover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Terrestrial stage of Triturus Ivanbureschi and Ommatotriton Ophryticus

Hello i got 3 newts 2 Triturus Ivanbureschi and 1 Ommatotriton Ophryticus (Balkan Crested Newt and Northern Banded Newt) I got aquarium 1/3 land 2/3 water they are good in aquarium now but I researched about newts Terrestrial and Aquatic stages they say 2/3 Terrestrial 1/3 Aquatic in a year is there any problem for my newts ? or I need to make a new terrarium with high humidity level ?
I'm planning to put turf and some plants to their land in the aquarium but turf will wet every time I'm scaring about water is this problem for water?
what type of plant should I use? or just moss and rocks will enough for them?
Thanks for answers^^

ReptileLover is offline   Reply With Quote