The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Store

Fire-Belly & Sword-Tail Newts (Cynops & Hypselotriton) Perhaps the most famous and frequently bred newts in captivity, the fire-bellied newts and sword-tail newts are well known throughout the world as being excellent, gregarious captives.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th November 2017   #1
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: seandelevan has shown reliable knowledge
Default When and How to Prepare for Newts to Morph Into Adults?

My first batch(about 7) of cynops pyrrhogaster juvies morphed around late May/early July. They’ve been raised terrestrially. A couple are pretty decent sized. My question is: when and how do I prepare my tank for them to return to the water? Two of them are like 5 times bigger than the rest and look like it might be a very long time before the other 5 are ready. Right now they live in a setup with soil, Moss, rocks, leaf litter and bark. I mist it every other day. Never got this far with offspring before so I’m clueless. Thanks.

seandelevan is offline   Reply With Quote