Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

2010 Neurergus Kaiseri Larvae Rearing Report

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Hello folks! It has been a seriously chaotic few months here. All sorts of deaths in the family, the purchase and remodel of a new house, and the usual annual insanity of our busy season at work pushed me well over the edge quite a few times.

Somehow, through all that, I managed to remain vigilant in collecting data for my ongoing Neurergus kaiseri breeding project. I am now of the opinion that raising this species is much easier than actually breeding them.

So without further blather:

(I have included the Original breeding report and the Appendix here for simplicity sake.)

Attachments

• kaiseri rearing report 2010.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 812
  • N. Kaiseri Breeding Report.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 916
  • CBR Appendix 1- Egg Laying.pdf
    88.2 KB · Views: 731

benw

Reaction score
Great set of detailed reports!!!

Not a keeper of these stunning animals, but in the rare event im offered some, (unlikely i expect!!) i have some excellent reference material.

Thanks again

Ben

NewtZoo

Reaction score
Wow, I know Ive said this before but great job sludgemonky!!! Does anyone think that these methods could be adapted to breeding N. strauchii?

eljorgo

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you so much Johnny!! One day, soon, I hope to be breeding these!
Cheers,

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Wow, I know Ive said this before but great job sludgemonky!!! Does anyone think that these methods could be adapted to breeding N. strauchii?

From what I know, the folks that have them have little trouble breeding them. In fact, a good amount of data I utilized throughout this endeavor was actually written for N. strauchii and N. microspilotus.

Let me state again that nothing I wrote is ground breaking or even confirmed as repeatable...yet. It will take at least 5 more years to confirm any of this convoluted blather. The real success will be F2 and beyond.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1