Kaiseri males

RobM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Rob M.
Hey all,

After the loss of my adult male last year, I have been hoping that I have a male in my remaining unsexed duo. I put them aquatic end of last year, and the known female virtually immediately took to the water. Since then one of the unsexed duo has joined her, and I can now see from her cloaca that it too is female. The remaining one has been visiting the water more and more, but has yet to show any sexual maturity. I know males can often reach sexual maturity later than females, however I am wondering whether they also show signs of sexual maturity later in the season?
I know Johnny O. Farnen has stated before this is the case for his, but I am wondering whether others have experienced this too?

Please give me hope! I soooo want to raise some fertile eggs :-(

Mine all came into breeding condition at the same time.
One week you could not tell them apart, a week later and you could see the difference immediately. But this is just how mine are, yours might be different
Sorry if this is not the answer you wanted :(
They will probably come into condition at the same time next breeding time as they will be a bit older :happy:
If you want some eggs pm me your address i will send you some down on Monday :happy:

Cheers Martin

Thanks for the info Martin, I am hoping that there is still a chance the remaining unknown will develop over the next week. The next breeding season seems so far away! haha

Slight raised cloaca in the remaining unknown tonight. Its looking female though :-(. I could be looking at a further 2 years before I am able to breed unless I can find an adult male :-( bummer...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back