Kaiseri and Brine Shrimp?

grapeape

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Platanos
My brine shrimp have finally reached adulthood and I today I decided to feed some to my newts. I rinsed then dropped about 14 in and my newts haven't been very successful in catching them. Do they usually get them when they start dying and sink or what? I've been trying to provide a more carotene rich diet even though their favorite food by far is blackworms and cherry shrimp with the tips of tails cut off.

Mine have no problems eating adult brine shrimp. They actually hunt them down and eat them. I'd say your may not recognize them as a food source yet.

Ahh that's probably it! Thanks for the Reply man I'll see how it goes after a few more days.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back