Neuergus tank

erik3333

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I am planning on getting a group of N. kaiseri and have a 80 cm tank ready for them. Is this a good size for juveniles or is there risk in housing them in too large an enclosure? How many would feel comfortable in this size aquarium?

The only risk with a tank being to large is: will they be able to find their food? What kind(s) of food will you offer?

How many: it depends on how vigilant you are with water quality. If you like doing loads of water changes, you could have 20 juveniles in there. But I do NOT recommend this. Going to the upper limit is always risky.

Don't know if you're familiar with Salamanders - De Nederlandse Salamander Site, but check it if you're interested in captive bred specimens.

Yes I know it, i already placed an advert there, Niels.

Well i'm not planning on getting 20, that 's a bit too steep for me. I'm thinking more along the lines of 4-6. I plan on feeding them alot of live foods, seeing i have an aquarium and terrarium shop just around the corner :)

Do you consider this species hard to maintain? I'm getting mixed signals. One person described it as the easiest newt he cared for, another one told me they can be demanding. I've been keeping frogs and reptiles for over 10 years, but this a bit of comeback for me.

I am, Niels. And i already placed an advert, no reactions whatsoever though.

Do you consider this species particular difficult? I'm getting mixed info on this.

I have already placed an advert there, Niels, without much result though...Do you considert this species particular difficult to keep?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back