Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axolotls being used for skin cream

milahoh

Reaction score
In some parts of the world, people truly will and do eat anything. Makes me sad, though. I love my pets too much to even think about that. I have a huge oscar fish, and a friend always teases me about eating her, and it makes me a little bit ill every time. I don't understand why he thinks its so funny. Except that he proves my point that some people truly will eat anything. I don't get it, but I am just not that hungry I suppose. :confused:

Smoxolotl

Reaction score
Some people have to eat anything they can find, and I can understand that. And yes people will eat anything, that is definitely true. This thread was supposed to be about stopping their use in cosmetics. If the ajolote on the label is just a gimmick, Great! But if axolotls are being churned out by axolotl mills for use in lotions, etc. I'm going to fight against them! I just wanted to see if anyone on here was educated about this.:yin-yang:

Attachments

• Ajolote Savila.jpg
    Ajolote Savila.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 276

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I love Axies, omg they're so cute etc, etc... But I'd rather see Axolotls on the slab than Bluefin tuna, at least the Axolotls are sustainable.

sde

Reaction score
Haha, its OK Michael :happy: They aren't THAT disturbing......OK, so they kind of are but oh well.
At least you didn't post a picture of a deep fried axie on top of ice cream :p

milahoh

Reaction score
Some people have to eat anything they can find, and I can understand that. And yes people will eat anything, that is definitely true. This thread was supposed to be about stopping their use in cosmetics. If the ajolote on the label is just a gimmick, Great! But if axolotls are being churned out by axolotl mills for use in lotions, etc. I'm going to fight against them! I just wanted to see if anyone on here was educated about this.:yin-yang:

I agree! The use of animal products in a skin cream is needless, to say the least.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!