Lumpy stomach

How in the big round world could the breeder have looked at him and thought stones were remotely suitable?

Is it entirely inappropriate to name and shame poor suppliers here?

I didn't keep the stones as they were poopey and I thought that would have been strange.

I'll post a picture of him tomorrow, he's having his down time at the moment. seriously so happy that he's managed to do it all by himself :)))

And the breeder was an employee at swallow aquatics, I think her name was Joanne? Apparently she supplies most of Norfolk and Suffolk, shipping them to garden centres, reptile shops etc etc.

I didn't keep the stones as they were poopey and I thought that would have been strange.

I'll post a picture of him tomorrow, he's having his down time at the moment. seriously so happy that he's managed to do it all by himself :)))

it would have been good to see the stones, just to see how big they are
it does not matter if they were covered in poo, they poo a lot so we all used to what its like so its not nasty to see

How in the big round world could the breeder have looked at him and thought stones were remotely suitable?

Is it entirely inappropriate to name and shame poor suppliers here?

i do not think its wrong to name and shame them, at least others will be warned and avoid her and the place of work.

This is him today. He still quite clearly has some in him (which is quite shocking seen as he's already got rid of 5!!!) but hopefully he'll be completely clear within the next few days.

Much happier already, I thought he was adventurous before but now he's like a crazy little thing (hence the focus problem in the picture). He can now swim and float with more ease.

Quite interested as to what the white patch is near his stomach, he's come up with a few random colourings. Is it just him growing up and simply changing colour?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 543
And how is little Lumpy doing? We'd love an update. :happy:

100% lump free now! So proud of him, no fridging or colder places or anything!

For anyone that wanted to see my little lump free guy, here's a picture.
This was right after food time so he's a little bit plump

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 351
Also, what name did you decide on? :happy:

I think he's about 5/6 months? Not 100% sure.
And he's called Edgar (St Lump after all the lumpiness), beginning to think he is a she though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back