Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeding Tylototriton cf. kweichowensis!

xingganli

Reaction score
回复: Re: Breeding Tylototriton cf. kweichowensis!

Hi xingganli!
We treat newts for the thinness illness by Tripaflavin-Uitra (Saint Petersburg, Russia) or Furan-2 (USA)

We very often receive Tylototriton from China (our southern neighbor) with skin diseases (in Russian): Профилактика новых амфибий | Аквариумный, террариумный, прудовой форум Живая вода

We treat newts by mixture of TERBINAFINE + TRICHOPOL + Ciprofloxacin (one pill of each drug by 10 l of water).

Niels D, thou makest a mistake: there are no Hygrophila difformis (or similar floating plants) in the water part of aquaterrarium!!!

Thank you for your help.

velasco13000

Reaction score
What exactly is the thinness illness?? Is that for newts that refuse to eat? I have some issues with some honkonensis that feeding has slowed down. Temp is at 45-50. Would this treatment also work for them?? they are not thin just not eating much...

chrystal82

Reaction score
OMG! i love it. These are my favorite newts of all time, sadly i cannot find anyone in the U.S. with them. Your set-up is beautiful and i learned a few tips for the Tylototriton verrucosus (Himalayan newt). Thanks for sharing with us.

mr cyclone

Reaction score
Hi Alex do you maintain your adult CF kweichowensis all of the year at a temperature of 18-22C
Or
Do you allow them to have a land phase for winter where they experience the cold temperatures and no land area?
Thanks

Alex Tsukanov

Reaction score
Hi mr cyclone. I keep my Tylototriton yangi (former T. cf. kweichowensis) all year at a temperature of 18-22C. But they can live 26-27 C without problems.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The aquatic T. wenxianensis are very interesting too. I've often wondered if other species of tylos would be happy living aquatically like verrucosus if they were raised that way.

Alex Tsukanov

Reaction score
Hello!
Do you know that hybrids F1 of Tylototriton yangi x Tylototriton shanjing are fertile? I was surprised they bred. hybrids F2 grow very well! I hope to receive F3!

56229340_2300150396910373_8608626942507220992_o.jpg

Hybrid F1

56242750_2300150653577014_810206427468529664_o.jpg

Larva F2

This is fragment from short film about half of species of my udeles collection:
https://youtu.be/c2V370ZuRsc
(in Russian)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1