Hongkongensis male

J

juraj

one interesting point on this photo is that the animal is captive bred in 2002.

72073.jpg

Great photo! Was the breeding done by you? I wonder how long it takes for them to mature in the wild?

It's always rewarding to see one's "babies" grow up. Nice work, Juraj!

Joseph: this comes from my first batch of morphs that I got from another breeder from Czech republic. In the wild they mature at the age of 6 or so. Chris could answer this better.

Juraj is right; Paramesotriton usually mature at around 6 years old. Great to see the pic, Juraj. I remember the first post you made of them (when they were still small) in which you feard you were fasiling with them! I am hoping the two I had from you will go into the water this autumn or the next; they are very fat and fast growing at the moment.

I have a male hongkongensis who is displaying that exact colouration right now.

Very beautiful indeed.

Gord

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back