Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Artificial grass bottom wanted . What's safe?

Alli3

Reaction score
I'm making an artificial plant tank for my little rescue lotl
And I have safe tiny cross stitch grid and literally cut apart decor like long grasses and thread through and then silicone it to make it secure and safe. I am looking for like artificial grass short type. If its on one of the large grids I will be detaching the grass patches and siliconing those too. But all I'm finding are I dont know bad reviews really ugly or very tall. I wanted something like astroturfie type or something. It's my first axotol tank and I'm terrified of hurting this little guy. I have read people using alm sorts of reptile mats but that scares me alot.. who knows what will leach into the water.. ?
Sorry I also tried to search this thread and it wont let me fill in the box so I apologize if this has been covered

Hayleyy

Reaction score
What I've heard from people who use it is you want to contact the manufacturer and ask if it's safe to use in ponds. They should be able to tell you if it will leech any chemicals in water. You want something open backed, not rubber backed. I think there are also artifical grasses made specifically for aquariums.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!