Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

T. granulosa mating

E

ester

My male has finally taken an interest (amplexing) in the most promising female (my opinion). She's extremely big, which I hope indicates eggs. Posing wasn't really on their mind..
75500.jpg

K

kaysie

Congrats!!

Now it's a race between which one of us gets eggs first?

I haven't cycled mine, so I doubt it will be this year.

E

ester

I took my taricha outside again, fearing the indoor temp of 15C would be too warm to get them to breed. My male is all slimy and smooth, but has not developed black toe tips for example.
The outdoor water is cold enough to make my fingers tingle after a few moments in it, but they seem active and hungry enough. Still no change to the male's toe tips.

K

kaysie

Mine are mating again as we speak.

Now what can I do to either stimulate the poor girl into laying, or keep the male off her back?

E

ester

I'm happy, my male is finally developing the dark toe-tips on front and hind limbs.

E

ester

A few pictures of my male and the female I expect most of.
First the male, does he have to develop more than just black toe tips?
76295.jpg

76296.jpg

Here a closeup of the male vent
76297.jpg

And the female vent
76298.jpg

J

jennifer

I don't have any advice, but your animals look great. Keep us posted, and good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!