Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Are Hailea HC-100A 1/20hp Chiller's good for axolotls?

kumamon

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a chiller for my axolotl. Does anyone know anything about the Hailea HC-100A 1/20hp Chiller. The place I'm planning on buying from doesn't have much information on it - I've tried contacting them with no luck so far so I will be ringing them tomorrow if possible. I've done a fair amount of research but can't really find the answers to my questions, so I figured posting them here won't hurt...

The link to the chiller: Hailea HC-100A 1/20hp Chiller Marine Aquarium to 100L | Guppy's Aquarium Products Online

The link to the pump: Hailea HX-6510 Wet/Dry 480L/H | Guppy's Aquarium Products Online

To anyone who knows anything about this particular chiller - What pump is required? I'm not too concerned about flow as I can settle it with a sponge (I've done this for one of my tanks that doesn't have a spray bar). I was looking into the Hailea HX-6510 Wet/Dry Water Pump 480L/H - is this a good pump to use (as I have no idea what I am looking for).

And overall is this pump and chiller good for an 80L tank (20 gallons)? It says it works for 50-220L which is within range but I wanted to check if it is true due to lack of info. I can't really afford a larger chiller but will obviously up size if needed.

Also does anyone know the size of tubing needed to fit these? I can't find any information and don't want to buy the wrong size tubing as I probably can't afford (after buying the chiller and pump..) to buy a second thing of tubing..

Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm in a bit of a rush to buy a chiller as the temperature up here is Brisbane is insane and keeping the ac on all day for my axolotl is way to expensive!!

Any advice or answers would make my day!!!

Happy new year everyone,
Chloe

enfifteen

Reaction score
I'm also another fellow Aussie interested in information about what chillers people have used!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!