Spot a lotl

Boidzy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Foley is very playful today. Hide and seek and then posing.

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    IMG_1096.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 198
I like the grass in your tank. What is it? Is it hard to keep clean?
But some of those rocks look a bit small. It's incredible what axies can fit in their mouths. :/

You are right about the stones, although they were purpose bought, as Foley has grown the smaller stones have been taken out to the point I may as well take the rest out now.
The grass in Foleys tank I got as free samples from namgrass.co.uk
I washed it and rinsed it several times and then kept it in a bucket of water for 2 weeks. Then I tested the water and there were no chemicals released so I put it in the tank. My water levels are fine after a month so it is doing ok for now.
Foley has been a lot more playful/active roaming around than she did on a bare bottom. :talker:

Oh I meant to say that it is easy to clean as there are 3 pieces in my tank so I slowly take one out at a time and rinse them. Plus when I do water changes/top-ups it's easy to just hose/hoover it clean. :grin:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back