Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello eh... from Maritime Canada

roycooker

Reaction score
Just signed up, finally. I currently only have a Uromastyx, and of course a few fish. I love this site, learned lots on different species I have had over the past few years. . I have been looking for Axolotl in the eastern provinces of Canada, notably New Brunswick. Any ideas please let me know. What I can gather they are difficult to acquire in my neck of the woods. I will of course post in the wanted section.

dragonlady

Reaction score
Hi and Welcome! Glad you decided to sign up! I can't help you find an axolotl, but hopefully your wanted ad will get some attention. I have a Uromastyx too! He's quite a character! Is yours a Mali?

Good luck with your search and as you probably already know, there are many good people out here to help with any questions you may encounter or if you just want to show him/her off! ;)

roycooker

Reaction score
Yup, Mali it is, I called hi Matryx... He's fluo orange in color. 7 years old now. Very good health. His primary food is frizzy lettuce from September to May, then May to August, primarily eats dandelions. He goes nuts when we introduce the dandelion for the first time in the season every year. Every now and then he eats dried fruits like raisins and cranberries. He never did have any interest in live food, or any insect at all. Vegetarian! I hear zuccini and carrots, shredded up might be of liking, but I have yet to give it a try.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1