Question: Condensation

vladimere

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
vladimere
Just a quick question i was wandering if any one else has this problem. Since putting the new chiller in place i seem to be having a serious problem with condensation on the outside tank walls, to the point the only way to view the axies is from above. I was wandering if like a car windscreen useing half a potatoes to wipe it down with would somehow help and allow the axies to be viewed through the tank walls, the tank temp sits at about 15 degrees any advice on trying to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated

The joys of summer in our country.

I dont think you can stop it you just have to deal with it. I use a sham wow to wipe the tank over.

yeh summer can be a pain and thanks lea. spose tis something i have to put up with

summers over my way tend to be very dry and hot and as such we don't get many humid days in perth.

we do however have evaporative air con (as most do in perth) and this causes abit of moisture, but nothing too crazy.

Why 15 celcius? Thats pretty low.

In summer (Melbourne) i actually turn it up to 19 celc (so it goes up to 20, then turns on to cool to 19) to help reduce (not eliminate) condensation. We dont have air conditioning.

Winter i turn it down to 18.

I cant see any reason it has to be so low, especially if you have air conditioning. Try turning the temp up to 18 celc and see what happens.

You should at least reduce (not eliminate) the condensation, and reduce your power bill! The chiller must come on a fair bit to keep it that low in Perth?

Bren

hey blackdog i think chris is in perth im in toowoomba qld n it des get pretty hot here and the chiller des cum on a fair bit and of course me and my memory i forgot to mention the chiller is also chilling the 6 foot(main tank) and two small 4 foot tanks with off spring in them as well.the off spring are bout 4 4 1/2mnths old atm

I've got my chiller set to 19 too.

I plan on insulating the tubes and the back and sides of my tank with foam too.

I had to custom build a tank stand with a rubber bath that the tank sits in with a drain so it wouldn't wreck the stands with the water.

My tank is set at 22c and I get that problem on and off, I'm in the Ipswich area Qld. Just do the same as Lea, chamois it off when I want to look at them.

I ended up doing the same as Blaze ( thanks for the tips!!) as I was worried about the water eventually rotting my stand.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back