How much food should baby axolotls have?

dudzie

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Display Name
Dudzie
I have 40 babies, that i feed frozen bloodworms once or twice every day.
But how much food should they get each time?
should i keep on feeding them until they stop eating, or will they eat until they explode? :p

Do they look like they have eaten too much in the photos? :)

p.s. I chop the bloodworms and put them in the tank, and the axolotls find the food by them selves. So some eat more than the others.

Attachments

• axo baby 1.jpg
    axo baby 1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 633
  • axo baby 2.jpg
    axo baby 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,403
  • axo baby.jpg
    axo baby.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 555
Conventional wisdom is that you can't over-feed juveniles. (You can, however, put too much food in their container and foul the water.) So, feed them as much as they:happy: want to eat. Yours look pleasantly full.

Thank you �� the food is always gone after a Little while, and i do water changes every day :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back