T. Marmoratus setup

yankeedoodle

Reaction score
Country
United States
My marbled newts are currently terrestrial so I have them in a 65/35 land to water currently. Hoping they will make the move to aquatic. Based on their behavior over the next few weeks I will decide how to build their permanent enclosure. There are three of them in here. Lately they have been spending a lot of time in the floating cork bark which has about 2-3 mm of water on the bottom as it has been soaking for a while.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 625
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 506
Very beautiful. Is that a Pistia stratiotes? I thought they could only used as a floating plant.

Looks very good. I breed since some years marbeld newts. Do you know where the newts come up initially? Spain, Portugal? Which local?

That water lettuce is floating it is just hard to see in the pic. The marms are all in a fully aquatic setup right now, looking like they may be ready soon.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back