Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New member with a question!

SydneyAmalia

Reaction score
Hello! I joined Cuadata because I recently made the decision to get an axolotl. My little guy will be in his new home in about 12 days. I'm hoping his tank will be finished cycling by then but if not does anyone have any advice for keeping axolotls in a separate container?

Chillaxolot

Reaction score
From what I've read on here if you have a cool area in your house that keeps a constant temperature then you can keep them there with 100% daily water changes and remember to always dechlorinate your water. I have just got a new axie and our tank cycle had crashed and we are doing daily water changes with dechlorinated water and using Prime and Stability with ours in the tank. Think that stable temperature is important to not stress out your axie. Hope someone with more knowledge can help you and enjoy your new axie when it comes.:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!