Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

I think my axie is dying please help me

MatDhyne

Reaction score
Hello i have a golden albino axi that a juvie, He stopped really eating and sometimes sits with his mouth open, This morning he threw up and idk i just feel like he doesnt look healthy, My water is good i check it everyday and the other axi i have is in the same tank looks 100x better. The reason why hes sitting like that in the pictures is i got him with a bad leg so hes a little lopsided. Please help me im still new to axolotls and im getting very scared that this one is going to die.

Attachments

• IMG_6092.jpg
    IMG_6092.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_6093.jpg
    IMG_6093.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_6094.jpg
    IMG_6094.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 206

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Can you post your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite and nitrate) and temperature. This info helps us all determine if that is causing them issues.
What are you currently feeding them?

MatDhyne

Reaction score
Can you post your water parameters (ammonia, nitrite and nitrate) and temperature. This info helps us all determine if that is causing them issues.
What are you currently feeding them?

Yes, right now i am feeding them nightcrawlers, the water levels are, Ammonia =0 my hardness is 30 my carbonite hardness is 0 my ph is 6.0 my nitrite is 1 and nitrate is 40 my temp goes between 65-68

Hayleyy

Reaction score
That all seems okay (just do some regular water changes to bring nitrate down a bit, and bring nitrite down to 0). Has he stopped eating completely? Try chopping the nightcrawlers smaller and see if that helps. If you have bloodworms offer them up (they are very messy, you may want to use a feeding jar).

MatDhyne

Reaction score
That all seems okay (just do some regular water changes to bring nitrate down a bit, and bring nitrite down to 0). Has he stopped eating completely? Try chopping the nightcrawlers smaller and see if that helps. If you have bloodworms offer them up (they are very messy, you may want to use a feeding jar).

Okay thank you, im still new to owning these guys so i get nervous when somthing doesnt seam right

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!