Help with my setup

agecage

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I just got a larger tank. And i put sand init as im told 2. But its all foggy and its been sittin for about 30mins and hasnt cleared wht do i do??? About to upload a pic.

IMG_8314.jpg

hi!
When i first put my sand in it stayed foggy for about a day but it eventually all settles down. It should be fine!
Elisha

Ok i'll take your word for it. I hope i havnt got the wrong and in the tank. Lol. But oh well lets find out. I just got some sand from the plant shop and guy said he used it in his setup.

Are you still cycling the tank?

Lol nope. Its an second hand tank i got it of a m8 it hasnt been use in about a year. Huge crack on the bottom so i siliconed another peice of glass onto it. And have filled it and emptyd it couple of tyms 2 check tht it is water tight.

Are you going to put your axies straight in their? because if you are you might want to wait till the sand settles down

If that's your axies in the bag, and they're in the water from the petshop, you should actually put them into the container and get rid of the petshop water, even if it means pouring them into the net or into a container and decanting the water of (lid or hand over the edge so they don't slip out).

Is your tankwater in this tank cycled or not, if not, then you'll need to test the tankwater regularly (daily or every 2 days) then change 20-30% tankwater after you test it if ammonia or nitrite levels are over 0.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back