Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New setup / Big thankyou

bottbeck

Reaction score
Ok finaly i think i have made all the right changes to my tank comming from all the help and info i recived here so a realy big thankyou to everyone's help over the last 2 weeks srry to have posted so many threads but i am new and would rather ask questions and anoy people thyan not and have her die due to ignorance.

anyhowz il put some pics up of the old tank setup to the new setup and if i am doing anything wrong please tell me THNX EVERY ONE. :)

Mistys (safe) new home lol compared to the old goldfish / gravel infested dive :)

Attachments

• Picture 420.jpg
    Picture 420.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Picture 446.jpg
    Picture 446.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Picture 447.jpg
    Picture 447.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 188

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
The only immediate issues would be to make sure none of the rocks are sharp enough to cause cuts or anything, and then make sure you can adequately clean under them (poo will collect under them). Otherwise it looks MUCH better than the 'dive' ;)

bottbeck

Reaction score
well only 2 - 3 days after moving misty in to her new home we have found at least 4 pices of small gravel she has passed or spewed up since biening in there.

i didn't think she had eaten any but there u go small gravel = eatin by axies so glade we made the change and misty seems so much happier took her first live garden worms last night Woot

ianclick

Reaction score
Hi Bottbeck,

Thats a very cool looking setup I imagine your axie is much happier

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1