Tank setup correct ?

For fish there's something called Biospira that speeds it up. Would it be safe to use it for caudates?

I had forgotten about Biospira. As far as cycling agents go, this is the only one I know of that isn't a crock. Biospira contains live bacteria cultures that help seed your tank with nitrifying bacteria. It is refrigerated and comes with a use by date like food. It must be kept refrigerated or used immediately to keep the bacteria from dying. It must be added when the animal is added or shortly after not before.

All other products that sit on store shelves with no sell by date are just junk. At the very best they contain dead bacteria which can make your cycle worse. These other products are much cheaper than Biospira, but are worthless.

Well the pet shop foudn my water good for the axalotls so i got them home. Now i stop talking and show you my Pictures !!!!! :cool:

Foto-KSXOP7BS.jpg

Foto-YCPJTUCV.jpg

Foto-PCFPUYVR.jpg

Foto-OYHNS3SM.jpg

I only could get 1 of my axo's on the photo in my aquarium. Because the others where dumb and ran into the background and now they are stuck behind some plants. Even 1 got onto my wooden log thats into the main water stream thats goes pretty fast. Hesit their for like 1 minut. Then he went down and sat on some plants. I just let them be for now and go watch them tonight.

Foto-UUJJGJSE.jpg

Some photo's of Loki

I bought a cleaning crew. For cleaning my window.

Foto-LWCQO7GN.jpg

Foto-DGMT83S7.jpg

Foto-RBUHYIDV.jpg

Foto-8X476GDZ.jpg

I bought 4 of these really fast and hyperactive buggers.

Foto-DCTXAXLH.jpg

I bought 4 of these really fast and hyperactive buggers.

Your tank and axies look very nice!

Those fish you bought look like Chinese algae eaters, Gyrinocheilus sp. These fish grow to be very aggressive and stop eating algae once they reach adulthood. I may not be correct on the ID, but I would check it out if I were you and return them to the petstore if they are Chinese algae eaters.

I figured it out i bought the wrong ones :( I will put them out of my aquarium as fast as possible.

In general, I do not recommend using any fish as a "cleaning crew". The best and safest cleaning crew is your hand and a rough aquarium sponge. What are the temperature needs of the fish? For almost all fish, they need a higher temp range than what is optimal for axies.

Your tank and your axolotls look great:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back