Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My axolotl has not eaten in over a month

Jeffy

Reaction score
My axolotl hasn't eaten in over a month. I have tried giving her live shrimp, live fish, earthworms, pellets, bloodworms, etc. and she just ignores them. The water temperature is a little bit high, but it's been that high before with no issues. I moved her into the basement in a bucket to cool her down and she still won't eat. Her gills are curled forward as well. What should I do? Should I fridge her? Force feed her? Idk what to do, please help. Thanks

Jeff93

Reaction score
I am still new to raising to Axolotls myself. I know it's not any type of answer but I'm sorry to hear about the little one passing away :(

Jeffy

Reaction score
I am still new to raising to Axolotls myself. I know it's not any type of answer but I'm sorry to hear about the little one passing away :(

Thanks for your condolences, it means a lot. I got a lot of hate for opening her up, I mainly specialize in fish, but know a bit about axolotls too. I wanted to see if there was anything I or anybody else could see wrong. I was told I should stop owning animals and how terrible and disrespectful I was for that but I told them she was dead anyways (no gill movements for over an hour, half an hour is the point where they are dead) and I was trying to see if I could see anything wrong. I was checking to see if there were any parasites in her intestines and there weren't, there weren't any enlarged organs or fat buildup so IDK what happened, I wonder why her skin was neon green underneath

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!