Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Amigurumi Got Me Here!

OneBirdieMa

Reaction score
Hi! I live in northern Virginia, USA. I am retired. I crochet. I am seeking a crochet pattern for a realistic, roughly hand-size version of an axolotl. The crocheted creation of various creatures, and (of late) inanimate objects, is called Amigurumi. While much of Amigurumi qualifies in the Fantasy realm, more and more is being done to meet specifications closer to the living originals. Why? Because some years ago my husband, wandering by a nearby creek, looked down into the water and saw what he considered to be the weirdest creature he had ever seen. We investigated and figured out it was an axolotl. We did some small studying that only increased our fascination. Two days ago it occurred to me that there might now be a reality-oriented Amigurumi axolotl, and a search yielded a number of possibilities. The best one, by photo, however, I found on caudata.org, so I turn to any of you who might know about such things, to let me know if you have or know when I can find such a pattern. In fact, if you find and pass on to me the pattern I use I'll also make you one--if you like! And if, perchance, you know of realistic-ish Amigurumi patterns for any other newts, salamanders, and/or related creatures, please give me that information as well. Never know when I might need to populate our home with some more **weird** creatures.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think somewhere on the site is a picture of one someone made, but not necessarily a pattern. Did you try pinterest?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!