Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Plastic Paradise

M

mark

I rarely take photos of my set-ups, mainly because I keep them as simple as possible with no substrate and mainly plastic plants. Makes for easy cleaning but boring photos. Anyway here's a pic of one of my Pleuro larvae tanks. This one contains the largest larvae on the verge of morphing. Sometimes even simple tanks can look quite nice...
51423.jpg

Mum and Dad still at it...
blush.gif

51424.jpg

J

jennifer

Quite nice, Mark, I'd say it's somewhere between "simple" and... "unsimple"? Simple with attractive complexity. What is the wood-like item?

M

mark

Well it's all fake apart from a handful of pond weed from the garden. The wooden structure is one of those fake root system castings you can buy in most aquatic shops. It covers a large fluvial filter on it's side and the chunk of slate sits over the output to minimize the current.

F

felipe

Your tank is "simple"? I would say that it is very beautifull and looks very natural too!

B

brett

Hey Felipe are you the one that came ta new zealand 2 years ago??

F

felipe

Hey Brett, I think that is not me! I've never travelled to New Zealand... Why?

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
It looks good to me. Most of my tanks don't have real plants and aren't aquascaped. I find them easier to work with and sometimes better for the animals. Your tank looks a lot nicer than most of mine.

G

gord

Michael:

As an owner/breeder of note, I'd be interested in seeing some of your Tylo tanks posted. Especially your Shanjing and Verrucosus set ups.

Gord

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!