Hello! Back from the Dead, Sorta :D

dot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi!

Wow, it's been 7 years since I was around and things have changed! :) I've missed the community, to be honest.

Anyway, my main interest is in aquatic salamanders - I've had 4 Ambystoma mexicanum (which blew up to far, far too many when my 3 females laid eggs,) 3 lesser sirens and a Necturus. I also kept tiger salamanders and some Eurycea for a while, as well as pythons, a few boas and a grumpy Savannah monitor. Unfortunately, due to a severe error in judgment, my entire collection was either stolen or died when I asked the wrong person to care for my animals when I went away for a month.

And after a friend showed interest in getting an axolotl, I'm looking to get back into keeping them as well. :)

Nice to meet you all (again?)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I was cleaning a while back and came across my old caudata.org shirt from back in the day and that also made me remember my time here.

Last edited:
At the moment, just two cats. I’ve got to do some rearranging and cleaning before I can set up and cycle my tank to get a couple axolotls.

Welcome back.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back