Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Mosquito Larvae??

naymo

Reaction score
Hey guys, it has been a long time since I was last on. I have a little query for u all. I have what looks like mozzie larvae wriggling in my tank, tiny tiny wee things but im nt sure if they are. But if this is the case will they harm my axies at all?

Abrahm

Reaction score
We'd like to help but if our only description is they look like mosquito larvae that is the best identification we can get.

If they are mosquito larvae or some sort of free living worm than I think they will pose no problem to your axolotl and may in fact become a tasty snack.

Chuza

Reaction score
HI, the people i bought my Axies had a problem with very small white "worms" they came with the mosqito laveas, even the frosen ones.. it was small parasites:S i think they lived in their gells and was not very good for the axies...
Ther was a mm or something like that.
And if it is that, they need treatment.

(Ps. Sorry for my english, its not very good)

Hope it helps:)

Azhael

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Stablished tanks have a variety of bugs living in it. They are for the most part, completely harmless.
It is perfectly possible that some kind of midge larvae are living in the tank, they won´t harm your animals, in fact they will be a nice snack. However it can be a problem for you if the adult midges are the bitting kind. Do the wriggling larvae stay in the surface, or do they attach themselves to plants or flat surfaces?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!