Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

ADF laying eggs

lucius

Reaction score
I've had 5 adf for a couple of months in which time they have grown well.... feeding them the other morning I could see lots of eggs floating and a male hooked onto a female ( this burden didnt affect her appetite ) and thought to see to them after work, however on returning I could only find 9 eggs, which are now floating in a small jar in the tank... I've bought micro banana worms in case they hatch,and any tips would be gratefully received

lucius

Reaction score
they layed another lot 6 days ago and though many were not fertilized, I now have about 12 very small tadpoles swimming about... I stoppedfeeding banana micro as hard to deliver without mess, have got a load of very small daphnia from pond.... if I can I'll post pic

xxianxx

Reaction score
Daphnia, even baby daphnia will be too big for them , collect greenwater from a pond, the microorganisms in it will be fine. Try culturing infusoria, add a potatoe to pond water, collect the infusoria from the potatoe with a turkey baster

Cloppy

Reaction score
After they get big enough you can feed them pretty much any small insect larvae you can find outdoors.

MamaLovesFrogs

Reaction score
At the filter stage I use pond water and New Life Spectrum Grow Fry Food. http://amzn.to/2ohALdG . The ingredients are great, it's a fine powder. I mix it with a little water and use a dropper to feed them. Then I work my way to the tiniest of organisms in the water, then on to larger and larger organisms I collect from pond water.

Attachments

• IMG_3458[1].jpg
    IMG_3458[1].jpg
    127 KB · Views: 339

lucius

Reaction score
success! 7 froglets at 45 days old, after initial awkwardness feeding on fry fish food + small organisms in pond weed, (along with shrimps and hydra which fed on the tadpoles annoyingly) after a couple of weeks ate daphnia with great relish, have photo in album will try to post here
IMG_2476.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!