Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

IAD this weekend!

P

paris

ok, starting a new thread here-since the old one is getting long.

i will be coming into BWI airport at 2 pm on friday and will have a rental car waiting-anyone wanting a ride to the hotel from the airport will have to contact me fast.

i am teaching a workshop on escape proof screen lid construction on sunday at 11:30 - 12:15 for those interested (i dont think its listed on the site yet).

i am also bringing my laptop and some anime too if anyone wants to watch movies one night.
happy.gif

anyone who lives in the area should come by -there will be a few hard-core caudate people there, and at least 2 caudate vendors trying to balance off the frog overload!

here is the link to the event data
http://www.intlamphibday.org/Welcome.asp

ali

Reaction score
Hi Paris, I was hoping to come up and check out all of this, but exam week spreads from Wednesday to Wednesday with this weekend in the middle of it. No can do.
sad.gif

F

francesco

any tips on how you get there from philadelphia?
If it isn't too complicated I might pop there on sunday.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
I'll be arriving early Saturday morning. I'll be their all day Saturday and Sunday.
Michael

S

s1ren

Does anyone know of an event like this in the southern US? There's no way I can get all the way up north for this; but I could drive a few hours if it weren't too far away (I'm in Texas). I've looked online, and couldn't find anything.

F

foster

I wanted to say that I enjoyed last weekend, especially meeting Michael, Ed, and Paris in person.
Chip

P

paris

i had a friend shoot video with my camera of my workshop...and i have video of ed's workshop..
proud.gif
...with all that excitement. but as for still photos, i didnt take any. but there were others there taking photos-i was hoping someone from frognet.org might post some again on their site, but nothing has been put up yet.

michael

2010 Research Grant Donor
Reaction score
Ed did a great job with his nutrition talk. I saw the tank drilling video. It is memorable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1