Axolotls everywhere!

DragonLeopard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there!
I am new to this site, and I just wanted to say hello. C:

I currently own two Axolotls that I bought/rescued from some pet stores that weren't taking the best care of them.

They are my precious lil' weirdos. <3
My first is a male Axolotl I named Storm, and my second is a female I named Lapis.
I've had Storm and Lapis for a little over a year or two now, and I love them!

Lapis had recently laid her first clutch of eggs on Feb. 16th, 2016 and I look forward to the little cuties hatching soon!

Their parents are leusistic and albino.
I might try selling some of the offspring if anyone is interested.

Thanks for reading, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you awesome people! :D

Welcome to the community! Glad to have you join us! Lots of axolotl keepers here, your at the right place! Can't wait to see photos of your cuties!:D

Welcome! You made it a year without being a member of this site? Nice. haha. I joined it 6 months before I ever got an axolotl, and I don't know what I would have done without it!

Thanks!
Yeah, I did not know this site exsisted for a while, oops. I'm kind of shy too.
I learned about axolotls long before I could even own one though, and I do reseach them on occassion for possible new information, so I'm okay I guess?
I also have bad internet connection sometimes, so I go to books instead a lot.
But I'm happy to join this site, and I hope to share my love an experience with these animals if I can!
Also, I'm over-run with them now, so I need to sell some probably.
But awesome! C:

Thank you!
I look forward to it! I've already posted a few pictures.
Your very kind, thanks for the welcoming!

Just letting everyone know that my axolotls hatched on March 5th, 2016 at 8:35pm!
They are currently a little over a week old now, and doing great!
They are the cutest! <3

Hi DragonLeopard.
Welcome to the forum.
I've only joined recently as well, but visited the forum as a guest for a long time prior to that.
Congratulations on your cuties.
:happy:

Hello DragonLeopard!

I know how you feel about the whole shy thing. I'm a bit shy myself. I guess that's one reason why it took me so long to actually do any posting on this site. My first post was yesterday :eek:
I have done quite a bit of research during my time here though, but still no babies as of yet... but I do hope to get a couple very soon though :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back