Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Isnt he beautiful?

rosstxttpo

Reaction score
Bebo2.jpg

Bebo3.jpg

stephen

Reaction score
you have got a good looking axie there. why are his gills turned forward? do you have a strong water curent or is he just normaly like that?

rosstxttpo

Reaction score
you have got a good looking axie there. why are his gills turned forward? do you have a strong water curent or is he just normaly like that?

There was a strong water current but we turned the filter down a few days ago - those photos were taken after the filter was taken down so Im guessing his gills are just like that...I dont know is the answer haha!

myyumbrella

Reaction score
aw! he is sooo cute! And he has black eyes! what colour would that make him?

digger

Reaction score
he is a beautihul golden axie i think leucistic are white.
i would keep an eye on your water ect though as forward pointing gills are a sign of stress.
he might just be recovering from the high flow, or maybe a bit of extra cover is needed, somewhere dark as having no eyelids to much light stresses them also. just a thought, but he is gorgeous

Saspotato

Reaction score
He's a cute little guy :)

He is white as far as I can tell, comes out just like mine does in pictures and I have an albino axolotl (with pink eyes though, so not leucistic)... also I thought golden axolotls had those white blotches on their tails usually?

Frog

Reaction score
Are you still not sure

He looks just like my leucistic , white with dark eyes . Albinos are white with red eyes . Goldens mine and all the pictures I've seen are yellowish with yellow eyes . Hope this helps .

digger

Reaction score
goldens only have golden eyes if they are albino,
dont know if there are normal goldens come to think of it ?
i was only passing comment on the colour of your axie shown as my leucistic photos are all white

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!