Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

How to lower flow from chiller return?

Aesyir

Reaction score
Hello I have an aqua Euro 1/13 running with a eco 185 pump 158(gph) and I am wondering how I can reduce the flow of the return. I think a spray bar would work but how should i go about doing that? could I just take a soft vinyl tube seal the end and poke some holes in it? or should I use pvc? Thank you for your time.

Chinadog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should be able to buy a spraybar and some tubing from a petstore or ebay. I normally use eheim or fluval brand.
You can reduce the water current evenmore by pushing the spraybar into some koi filter sponge. The sponge will dissipate current to almost nothing without reducing the flow rate.

Pre-Filter Foam Block 4 x 4 x 8" Koi Fish Pond Media Sponge | eBay

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
You can make a spray bar like you suggest. You could also point the outflow against the aquarium wall - that will help a little. You could also point the outflow upwards and let gravity reduce the force as it comes back down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!