The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.

Tags Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Caudata.org Store

Notices

Off-Topic Many people have requested an area of the forum in which to discuss topics not directly related to the rest of the forum (such as newt and salamander art).

Old 30th June 2016   #1
MiniraBuster

Nationality:
Gallery Images: 0
Comments: 0
Rep: MiniraBuster is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help with a writing assignment

Hi everyone,

I need some help with an idea I have as a writing assignment. I am currently a teacher in the US and I am taking a writing course to help my students with informational text writing . I have an assignment where I would like to tie in the book "Spike the Mixed-Up Monster"
( which is about an axolotl making friends with some animals from Mexico). My only conundrum is how do I link this story to other animals? In other words an example that was used in our class was comparing chameleons and hummingbirds with adaptations. Should I compare Axies and their neotenic traits or compare the differences with say the Eastern newt's eft stage? Are there other animals that you may suggest?

MiniraBuster is offline   Reply With Quote