Spyyk - my Leucistic.

A

a

Before I start posting pics, I will just say I've recently swapped the gravel to sand.
I've not had a problem with the gravel, but with my smaller axolotl just arrived, I thought it was better to err to the sensible.

Anyway, I'd like to introduce Spyyk - my little angel. This is a range of pics from when I first got him, right the way to the present.
Sorry there's so many - but I love SLS dearly!

I've won several competitions with this picture, and I must say, it's my favourite...

lovely.jpg

I don't actually know if Spyyk's male or female - I believe female, but I've said he for so long, I'll stick with it.
Such a cheeky character!

thruglass.jpg

I use this pic as my signature a lot.

closeup.jpg

A... curious little fella.
Spyyk does actually sleep in his bed now - but sometimes kips like this still...

sleeping.jpg

New things prove to be of great interest, so I have a collection of toys and items for him to play with, and rotate them regularly.

what.jpg

Wheeee! Still very active. He's at least 9 months old now I think, and loves to play. (This pic was quite a while back) Nutball.

jumping.jpg

I tell ya. Nutball...
lol.gif

hiddenagain.jpg

Ever an enigma... (no, not photoshopped - and no, I haven't a clue!)

vallisisbending.jpg

Who ever said they don't have feelings is completely wrong. Malaysian snails are scary.
(But are now best friends)
Sorry about the name - there is a story behind it.
Spyyk - everyone wanted to call him "Fluffy". So that's me taking the mick a bit. At least it's original.
Lotuss - the tail is like a lotus petal, with a soft shimmer of colours in the light.
Spangles - habit. Sorry!

fabsign.jpg

Reasonably up to date pic of the tank. Gravel has been swapped for sand though.

PHOT0142.jpg

I love this pic too. It really shows Spyyk as the cheeky imp he is - freckles and all.

cuteplantboy.jpg

Bedtime?

climbinbed.jpg

Spyyk: "Not bloomin likely!"

climboutbed.jpg

How intelligent are axolotl?

PHOT0372.jpg

This intelligent. No, I didn't have ANYTHING to do with this - I just took the pic.

PHOT0241.jpg

Food is always good - even if it IS sneaky. Pfft, sneaky sneaky frozen worms...

PHOT0403.jpg

...? Hahahah!

dangleval.jpg

Such a sweetheart.

inhand.jpg

Catch you around!

glass.jpg

you can tell you love your axies. Is that a large shrimp on the first photo?.

Awww!!! I think i might get Moomin a ball :D What a great idea!

Rofl - yes, I think they are AWESOME.
I do have another, but I'm waiting until he's healthier before posting pictures - the one I have is horrifying.

Yup - that's an adult Glass Shrimp - Palaemonetes paludosus.
I get maybe 5 every few months - The 'Lotls have a habit of eating them occasionally.
That one is Potted - still around today.

2005_0101Spyyk0005.jpg

As for the ball, it's a peirced pingpong ball, filled with water. You can leave a small airbubble, and it will "moonwalk" - great fun for nosey 'Lotties.

leanonping.jpg

BOING!

foodunderball.jpg

Woooahh...

stoodonball.jpg

(Doesn't fancy being a parent - too much like hard work)

egg.jpg

Awww hehaaa. So lovely. Made me smile and laugh at the same time, just out of happiness to see such a happy lovely axie
kiss.gif

*grins*
Spyyk's certainly that!
Spoilt rotten, that's what...

I'll do a quick one for Ari in a few days - he's a LOT healthier now.
A bit of love and care makes for a happy 'Loti!

that sure is a cute one! I think my little guy would like a cute friend like that one day!

lovley axolotl...whats that shrimp in the tank on the first picture?

Thanks guys!

I have quite a few shrimp in there - Palaemonetes.

Great fun little things - the 'Lotls like to chase them.

Oh yes, regularly!
It doesn't hurt a bit, as their teeth are really, REALLY tiny.
Don't take him out of the water, and don't grab him if he doesn't want to be grabbed.
If you hand feed him regularly, he'll get to like your hands.
Spyyk's so laid back nowadays, if I ever need to take him out for treatment of any kind, or the time I replaced all the substrate, he happily sat in my hand and let me lift him into the spare tank.

Here's a link to Spyyk's blogpage!
http://spyyk.blogspot.com/

There's LOADS of stuff on there - if you think I missed anything, then let me know!

ok i will try, spyyk seems to be very happy in his tank, your're great. where did you buy those circles?

When Leucistic axolotls have just hatched do their eyes immediately look black I requested 2 leucistic babes from a lady i know and their eyes dont look dark to me!?????

<font color="119911">Spike looks like an awesome little guy!!
I was going to name my golden albino Spike, but
now I am thinking of something like Butterscotch!
smile6.gif

Awesome axie!!</font>}}

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back