Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Sick axie?

kstrach15

Reaction score
Hey all,

My Lucy isn't doing well. A few days ago, my family decided to mess with the temp and it took a toll on her. After banning my entire family from my room, I've gotten her to eat and she swims around but her gills are shrinking and the bend in her tail won't go away. She used to eat like a pig but now it takes quite a bit of effort to get her to bite.

Tank temp is back to normal now, tested the water and the pH is fine, she is still occasionally accepting the bloodworms and krill I give, I have an air stone & regular air pump, and the filter is doing its job just fine.
Even her friend I've got in there (my wild type) got better almost immediately after the tank stabilized. And I haven't seen any signs that he's nipping at her, in fact they seem to really like each other, they always sit together on the same plants or even sit on top of one another haha.

The strangest thing is this extra tissue that looks like it's growing on her back. I'm not sure if it's extra or if she got hurt or if she's legitimately sick. Somebody please help me!!

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpg
    IMG_2871.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 151
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!