Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ammonia detox tips?

secondriley

Reaction score
I bought an ammonia test for my tank water and it turned purple, which i assume is very bad. I have a detoxifier and it's apparently not helping at all. My tap water is more ammonia free than the tank so i did a 90% water replacement, and its still turning purple. I'm gonna try and buy a new detoxifier tomorrow and some new sand soon when i can afford it but if anyone has any helpful tips i could really use it! Thank you!

Hayleyy

Reaction score
Re: Ammonia detox tips!

What detoxifier do you have? You could take a water sample to your local fish store and ask if they can test it for you, in case there is an issue with your kit. Can you test for nitrites and nitrates as well? How long has the tank been running for, and are there any animals living in it?

secondriley

Reaction score
I'm not sure which detoxifier it was. Im trying to get the nitrite and nitrates kits too but no money and i keep just trying to replace the water as much as possible cause my axolotls are living in there as theres no where else to put them..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!