Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Responsible Axolotl Breeders?

basilstorm

Reaction score
I live in New York. I'm wondering if anyone knows any particularly trusted breeders, because googling led to some pretty sketchy sites (like one that said it was cruel to keep one Axolotl by itself, and insisted you buy multiple babies to live in the same tank; didn't mention cannibalism at all). The pet store near me has them, but I've heard some bad things about the conditions there. Would it be safer to have one shipped to me?

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Either shipping, or maybe they are sometimes available at the Westchester county Center reptile expo in White Plains. Don't know what city you are at.

basilstorm

Reaction score
Either shipping, or maybe they are sometimes available at the Westchester county Center reptile expo in White Plains. Don't know what city you are at.
Ah, thank you! The Westchester expo is coming up in February, so I'm going to get one there

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!