Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What species would be suited to this particular vivarium?

Crysta

Reaction score
I have an empty vivarium, that I've never put to use before, as I've never really came to a decision on what I'd like it to house.

I know that I want a semi aquatic specimen in there, but I'd like some more input, as I simply can't come to a decision.

I have thought about housing a yellow bellied slider turtle in there, but I'm partial to semi aquatic amphibians, either way I can't make up my mind.

about the Viv:
it has a mesh screen lid, it's 14" high, 12"deep and 24" wide. however, it has a small vent starting at 5" up from the bottom on one side, so water can be up to 4" high. It's completely square, no other specifics to add.

crysta-albums-profile-picture13970-untitled.jpg

Any species suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Crysta

Reaction score
I've given it some more thought and think that this viv would be perfect for fire bellied toads, but I would still like some species suggestions if anyone has any :)

My aim with this viv is to make it as interesting looking as possible - quite 3D, and natural looking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!