What species is my newt?

Diana82

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hello, last year a friend had a relative who owned a newt. This relative couldn't keep the newt anymore, and so I agreed to take it! :happy:
I truly love my new friend, but I never understood what species he actually is. Maybe you can help?

I also don't know how old he is... the owner said he had him for one year. Is it possible he is 2 years old?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 564
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 430
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 420
Definitely looks like a warty newt, one of my favourites

Hello, last year a friend had a relative who owned a newt. This relative couldn't keep the newt anymore, and so I agreed to take it! :happy:
I truly love my new friend, but I never understood what species he actually is. Maybe you can help?

I also don't know how old he is... the owner said he had him for one year. Is it possible he is 2 years old?

Paramesotriton sp.

I cant say what species, the pictures are not that good ;)

Yes!! That's definitely him! thank you so much. :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back