Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Natural colored S. s. gallaica

S

sergé

Just to add something to the discussion of a strange coloured terrestris...
This is a natural beauty from Portugal. She was raised CB by myself one day...it is not in my hands anymore but relatives of her are spread within Europe.
46169.jpg

M

micha

I've never seen a more strikingly coloured salamandra!

You say it's not in your hands anymore. Is that because of the famous story that circulates involving the a.i.d.?

S

sergé

Hi Micha,

forgot to answer you. No, this animal has survived the A.I.D. raid as it's parents were still larvae and the A.I.D. looked over them or didn't see them as Salamandra... These larvae were raised and this was one of the offspring. But during the time I was prosecuted I got rid of all animals that were more or less "risky".

S

sergé

Sorry, that's the nature law inspection police in the Netherlands...

I am not going to repeat the whole story...it is far to painful for me and I have written it somewhere on this site some years ago. The clue is that all my Salamandra's got confiscated and I have been prosecuted for 4,5 years to end up with dismission because the whole process had taken too long...
Thank our dutch law system...

S

sergé

I have survived so far..., but most of the Salamandra's sadly didn't.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!