Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help! Lil bit won't eat

rosebloom63

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm still pretty new to my axie and we are still getting to know each other. I finally found a pellet I could get him to eat, but now he won't eat it. He stares at it, puts his nose on it and sometimes nips at it, but he won't eat it! He looks like he wants to but can't. I'm a bit worried. How long can juvies go without eating before they start getting sick? I think it's a temp problem because his water is just under 75 F, and I'm working on that. However, my refrigerator is broken, so anything involve ice is out of the question long term.
Id really like your help. I want Afish to do well so badly.

Cloppy

Reaction score
Try chopped up nightcrawlers, Axolotls seem to love them.

Biev

Reaction score
Not surprising that he'd get weak at that temperature! I hope you manage to bring it down soon. If the nightcrawlers don't work, you can try frozen bloodworms. Everyone loves frozen bloodworms! They're like the french fries of the aquatic world.

rosebloom63

Reaction score
The temps have come down some, which is good. He is swimming around like normal, if anything more active than before. He still just won't eat. I'm not sure if he's on a hunger strike or genuinely not hungry. I'm still waiting on my refrigerator though, so we can't go back to be blood worms just yet. Any suggestions on nightcrawlers like where to get them, what a decent price is, etc?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!