Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

US Caudata.org meeting?

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
You know I've thought about this and I have come to the conclusion that it would be better to have something sooner, preferably in the "Fall"/Autumn. IAD is nice and all but my gut is telling me "who needs them?" (not in a bad way, just in an assertive "let's do this" kind of way).

I have a number of questions to ask:

1) There are some major enthusiasts whose presence would mean a great deal, particularly since they might be able to bring numbers of CB offspring of various species (Dave Nash springs to mind, so does Michael Shrom, and there are others). Are these people open to attending? What are your preferences for where and when?

2) I would like to have some lectures and discussion. Think "mini" (or not so mini?) version of Gersfeld. In English of course, and probably with less facial hair and fewer BMWs ;).

3) Suggestions of venues and of course I am sure we'll have to pay for this, unless of course someone happens to own a chain of hotels or something ;).

I would very much like this to happen and perhaps even become an annual event...

dln

Reaction score
I'll probably put togeather something again come the Fall

Maybe talk Nate, Jen and Paris into showing up. I don't think Tim will be back in the US this year, but it was a fun gathering last year. Any excuse to fire up the grill, drink some wine and talk.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1