Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Caudata.org Magazine to be published in June

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
After a few false starts and two large hiccups over the last 2 years, I've set the month for the publication of the next edition of the Caudata.org Magazine: June 2008. What's stopped it going ahead up until now is simply that there weren't enough articles submitted to make something substantial. I'm posting this to a) let you know it's happening in June, and b) your article can't be published if you don't write and submit it. We'll help in any way we can and we encourage everyone and anyone to write about their experiences. If you are looking for examples, look at the first edition (linked at the top of this page). Those articles are by people from all walks of life, from the dedicated amateur to the herpetological professional. We don't discriminate based on background because experience teaches us that everyone has novel insight to contribute.

So one last push! Fill my email box! Please!

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be publishing a near-final table of contents next week. I'm mainly waiting on confirmation regarding 2 articles I've "commissioned" in the last few days.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I never published the TOC but the magazine is still a go for June (actual final date to be determined).

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Still a go. Authors should start receiving emails from me in the next 14 days. The actual publishing date is likely to be the last week of June.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
It might be the end of the first week in July. I've got a lot on my plate right now and my contract just got renewed.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be working on the magazine this coming weekend, so authors be prepared for email bombardment please. I would like to have it ready within a week from that this coming Saturday, the 28th of June.

John

Founder
Staff member
Reaction score
Edits have begun and authors should start receiving emails during this week. We've decided to give a late-coming author some extra time to finish an article but it will be worth it (no pressure!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1