Axolotl Help

Avoxolt

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Hello!I need help with my Axolotls that I may get. I wrote to maaany People, but no one really responded:( Anyways, I wanted to ask if I should get Axolotl-babys or juveniles or Adults (I want two Axies)?Is 20 Gallons for 2 Axies is enough? And would the Water Flow hurt them if I would use The Tidall 55. I mean it has a big water flow but you can turn it down low and I can get a sponge or a a Plant in front of it to low down the water. What FIlter media are anyone of you using? What FIlter media should I use? And is it bad to have a Planted Fish Tank for them? Or what should I never use/make in the Fish Tank. I really need help with Cycling my brand new fish tank. Shoukd I use biochemicals ( If so what bichemicals). With what do you de-chlorinated the water? (Btw im a noob and this is my first Fish) Thanks! and a Happy new Year! Have a great day!

(sorry for my English :bowl:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back